St. Anne’s Prayer Group
St Anne’s Prayer Group is open to all children and enables our pupils to be actively involved in their Christian life. Prayer group fosters links with RE lessons, Rights Respecting Schools work and collective worship. Our Prayer Group meets every Thursday lunch time and is facilitated by Mr Gillian from St Anne’s Church.
The children have the opportunity to:
- Read and write prayers that can be used in a class and assemblies.
- Explore different prayers.
- Appreciated the ‘wow’ moments from God and the world around us.
- Discuss and pray for various topics in the news.
- Be involved with our existing charity projects.
- Look after the Peace Garden and the school vegetable plot.
We hope to raise awareness and to give witness to our school mission statement:
‘A Family of Creative Thinkers Aspiring to Excellence.’
To develop outstanding citizens of the future who are innovative, resilient and committed to making a difference.
- Teaching the importance of being compassionate and respectful to other and role modelling the Christian Values.
- Providing a creative curriculum that inspires a passion for learning and promotes excellence.
- Collaborating with others to support everyone to achieve their very best.
- Providing a nurturing and safe environment where children can be healthy and happy both physically and emotionally.
- Facilitating investigative learning opportunities through the development of the effective characteristics of learning.
- Promoting philosophical enquiry to stretch and develop analytical thinking and questioning.
- Embracing the uniqueness of every individual, building upon their strengths and interests.